Named in honor of the profession of St. Joseph, who is the patron saint of a peaceful death, The Carpenter House serves as a place of peace for terminally ill patients with symptoms not well managed at home.
The staff is comprised of a compassionate, experienced and well-trained interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals who work under the direction of a Board Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Physician. Team members include:
- On-Site Physician
- Around-the-Clock Skilled Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Bereavement Counselors
- Medical Social Workers
- Hospice-Trained Volunteers
The Carpenter House is the first freestanding inpatient hospice facility in Baton Rouge. Offering a warm, home-like atmosphere, The Carpenter House offers 16 private rooms for patients who require 24-hour nursing care. Each room has a flat-screen television and a chair that converts into a bed for the comfort of a family member, friend or caregiver who wishes to spend the night with the patient.
Other amenities include:
- Family Dining Areas
- Family Room with Flat-Screen Television
- Furnished Library with Computer Access
- Meditation Chapel
- Welcoming Atrium with Waterfall
- Children’s Playroom with Toys and Games
- Restrooms for Family Members and Guests Complete with Shower Facilities
For more information about The Carpenter House, visit www.lacarpenterhouse.com.